Why Japan Links Travel
Here you will find a training module from the JNTO, and our own Japan Links Travel Sales Guide, to advise you on the features that make this such a special destination.
If you have a show, an exhibition, or would like in-store training, then please contact our Charlie Cooper, our UK Sales Manager, on 07826 070469 or email him at email@example.com who will be happy to help.
Japan Training Module!
Japan Links Travel in cooperation with the JNTO, Japan National Tourism Organisation, are pleased to offer this easy to follow guide to help you learn about all things Japan!
The six, easy to follow modules should take no more than 30 minutes to complete. On completion, you will receive an e-certificate that you can print!Training Module
Japan Links Travel Sales Guide!
• With our Japanese staff and close relationships with hotels and tourist board, we know the destination intimately and we can help with advice, suggestions and putting tailor-made training. We can help with training, guidance and even holding customer evenings.
• Japan is perceived as a once in a lifetime holiday it doesn’t need to be. Ideal for a stopover or a single centre holiday. To get the most out of your single centre holiday we recommend a minimum of 10 days. The most popular places to visit during a first time to Japan are Tokyo, Takayama, Nagano, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Matsumoto Hiroshima and Osaka.
• Semi Escorted Tours provide clients with a qualified guide in key locations and day tours. They will be on hand to make sure the client’s journey is as smooth as possible. During time in some locations a qualified guide will not be required thus saving money and providing flexibility with the tour schedule.
• Fully Escorted Tours provide clients with a qualified guide throughout the tour. They will be on hand to assist clients with your journey, pointing out all the historic sites and local cultures along the way.
• Self Guided Tours are ideal for clients looking for total independence throughout their journey in Japan. We will provide the clients with the tour to suit their personal requirements along with all the necessary literature so they get the very best from their Japan experience. Fully Independent clients are also provided with 24 emergency number where our local staff will be on hand to help if required.
• Identify the aim of the trip, time frame for travel and budget? Japan Links Travel offer tours from 3 days and upwards. We also offer add-on’s, city, beach breaks and stopover’s too. South Korea or Taiwan can also be included into larger itineraries.
• The bullet trains are fast, efficient and good value plus it gives you a chance to meet the locals. We highly recommend using the bullet train as mode of transfer during certain times of the tour.
• Sampling Japanese culture is a must during a tour of Japan. Recommendations include staying in a traditional ryokan (inn), sampling amazing Sushi, spending time relaxing in a hot spring (onsen) and evening dinner at a traditional restaurant with a Maiko.
• British nationals can visit Japan for up to three months without a visa. You may need to provide evidence of a return or onward ticket. Your passport must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay.
• Food is always important on any holiday and there are many exciting tastes to sample in Japan. From street food tours, home cooking classes, to fining dining establishments. Popular dishes including Sushi, Kobe Beef and Hiroshima’s famous pancake can be enjoyed during your time in Japan.
• Accommodation is from standard, superior and luxury. A popular option for 1 night of a tour is to stay in a Ryokan, a traditional Japanese hotel. Here you will enjoy dinner and breakfast along with experiencing Japanese culture.
• The qualified guides speak excellent English. Guides are the soul of the tour and really make it such a fascinating holiday, they will tell you all they need to know such as the history, culture, their families and even the politics if asked, and they have a sense of humour.
• Visiting Japan can be enjoyable at any time of the year. Due to the country’s large north-south extension, weather patterns differ dramatically between regions. Good seasons to visit are the spring cherry blossoms and the autumn foliage. Rainfall does increase during the month of June and early July.
• China is perceived as a once in a lifetime holiday it doesn’t need to be, but you really need 2-3 weeks to take in all the most popular attractions and cities in one trip, purely down to the size of the country its 30 times the size of the UK! It will be different than anything experienced before which is also its wonderful appeal.
• China Links Travel know the destination intimately and we can help with advice, suggestions and putting tailor made training. We can help with training, guidance and even holding customer evenings.
• We suggest the best time of year to go is spring through until autumn the summers can be hot and busy though, so many people prefer to go in April/ May/ September or October.
For good prices and quieter trips winter is ideal as though its colder it’s much quieter and perfect for touring. Avoid bank holidays.
• Identify the aim of the trip, what is their knowledge? Time frame for travel and budget? China Links Travel offer tours from 10 days up to 22 days. We also offer add on’s, city, beach breaks and stop over’s too these can really increase revenue. Shorter durations also available if it’s just one or two areas they are looking to visit. China can also be included into larger itineraries.
• Private tours would be available to those who want a more personal experience and do not want to mix with a group, they will normally cost a little more but you have more flexibility.
• Escorted tours are not a coach trip for the over 50’s. The coach is there purely to get you from A to B, for example from the hotel to the Great Wall and back. Due to China’s size transport would be internal flights, Yangtze Cruise ships, trains and even the odd rickshaw.
For someone wanting to visit China in 2-3 weeks the best way to see all the main attractions and at an affordable all inclusive price are on an escorted tour.
• China has so much to offer in bustling cities, history, wildlife, and amazing scenery they will appeal to almost anyone. The best way to see all the main sites are on a private, group or tailor made tour. Here all the logistics of getting from A to B, meals, hotels, transfers, flights and even visas is taken care of. You will have either an escort or guide or both.
• Food is always important on any holiday and there are many exciting tastes to sample in Asia. On the 5* Yangtze cruise there is a fantastic choice of both Asian and Western too.
• Guides speak excellent English in a country that has over 130 different dialects. Being able to make yourself understood is vital but in China you needn’t worry all of this is taken care of.
Guides are the soul of the tour and really make it such a fascinating holiday, they will tell you all they need to know such as the history, culture, their families and even the politics if asked, and they have a sense of humour.
• Most escorted tours would include these must see destinations-
Beijing- Great Wall, built over 2000 years ago and stretching some 6000 miles, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City
Xian –Pronounced See-an -Terracotta Army dating back to 200BC purpose to assist the First Emperor in the afterlife , a must see on any trip to China.
Shanghai – Cosmopolitan, full of energy, vibrancy and the country’s largest city it has become a hotspot of modern China
You can do all the above on a 10 day itinerary
• If you have longer (16-22 days) they can also visit these key areas too-
Yangtze River- This breaks up the touring with a 3-4 day 5* cruise on the Yangtze River it’s an ideal time to truly relax. It’s the longest river in Asia and third longest in the world. Wonderful wildlife, stunning scenery can be seen as well as the three gorges Dam.
Chengdu- Home to the Chengdu Panda Breeding Centre and the largest Giant Panda Reserves in the World home to over 80 Pandas.
Guilin & Li River – From Guilin you can travel down the spectacular Li River famous for the Limestone Karst Mountains and the Cormorant fishermen.
• If you have already been to China once and looking for new areas then British Airways flies direct to Chengdu three times a week, from here you have good access to Yunnan situated in the most south-west region of China. It borders Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar and home to Nine Villages Valley, spectacular scenery and UNESCO Heritage sites.
• Tailor-made travel is getting much more popular, and is for customers who are looking for something more specific or stuck to certain dates and durations.
• There are some good offers for executive decks and cabins on the Yangtze cruise ships. 5* hotels and flight upgrades available too.